FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Oops, an error occurred! Code: 202309212013264972c8d7 Event: 2dda95d6110c44baac61f81dfeac7ebd
Which standards can be obtained from OVE?
Our standards portfolio consists of OVE standards, IEC standards and IEEE standards. For non-electrical standards, we recommend that you contact our partner Austrian Standards directly. Link
Which publication formats are available?
All standards purchased via the OVE Shop are generally available in PDF or in hardcopy format.
What is the OVE watchlist?
The OVE watchlist is an automatic notification function for OVE and IEC standards. It is a simple way for you to stay up to date on the standards relevant to you.
To be able to use the watchlist service you have to set up a customer account. To add a standard number to your personal watchlist, please log in with your access details. Then click on the button 'Add to Watchlist' in the search result of the desired standard number. From this point on, you will automatically be notified by e-mail when a newer version of a standard is published.
To maintain your watchlist please log in with your access details and click on 'Watchlist' in your account profile.
This update service is free of charge and without obligation.
Oops, an error occurred! Code: 202309212013265a285ff0 Event: 24a6ad8a0d5547b692b342c32f024aec
Do I need a customer account to use the shop?
You don't need a customer account to use the OVE Shop to research publications and events. If you want to place an order, create a watchlist or add products to your wishlist, registration is required. Registration is free of charge and without obligation.
I have set up an account but cannot log in, why is that?
In order to complete your registration and log into your account, it must first be activated. You will receive an e-mail with a link that you click on to complete the registration and activate your account. Only after successful activation you can log in.
If you have not received an e-mail, please check your spam folder first. If you do not find one in your spam folder either, either the registration process has not been completed correctly or the e-mail address you entered is incorrect. In both cases please contact our customer service.
I have forgotten my password. What can I do now?
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it and create a new one at any time - click on 'Forgot Password' on the login page at https://www.ove.at/shop/login.
You will receive an email with a link where you can reset your password and generate a new one.
How can I change my e-mail address?
Please send an e-mail to shop(at)ove.at with your old and new e-mail address.
We will, after checking the new address, make the change.
Oops, an error occurred! Code: 202309212013266d174e73 Event: d671a5f46d114b89b0d5e7d82889498b
How can I order? The order process:
1. You put the desired article into your shopping cart by clicking on the button 'Add to cart'.
2. You can check at any time which articles you have placed in your shopping cart by clicking on 'shopping cart' in the top right-hand corner.
Here you can also remove articles, change the format or the quantity.
3. If you already have an a customer account, log in with your e-mail address and password. If you are not yet registered, please fill out the registration form.
4. To continue with the purchase, choose the desired payment option and click on the button 'Proceed to checkout'.
5. Prior to placing your order, you will get an overview of the articles your are about to order.
6. By clicking on the button 'Place order' you complete your order.
7. After you have sent your order, you will receive an order confirmation by e-mail.
I have not received an order confirmation. What should I do?
You will receive an order confirmation from us after each completed order process. If you have not received one, please check your spam folder first. If you do not find an order confirmation in your spam folder either the order process has not been completed correctly or the e-mail address you entered is incorrect. In both cases please contact our customer service.
Oops, an error occurred! Code: 20230921201326ba5f5311 Event: 9a318a4ad84343fca1ffb8c2c862c961
What are your delivery costs?
Depending on the product(s) ordered and the delivery address, shipping costs may apply. The final postage fee is visible on the order summary page before you place the order. Further details are available here: Service Infos
Which payment methods are available?
Purchase on account
With this payment method you have the possibility to pay your order on receipt of goods. Please include your name and invoice number with your transfer so we can assign the payment to your customer account. For certain types of purchases (e.g. read-only access) payment by credit card is mandatory.
Payment by credit card
Our credit card partners are: MasterCard and Visa. If you pay by credit card, the charge will be made on the same day. The data is transmitted via SSL encryption with at least 128 bit encryption and is therefore not visible to unauthorized persons.
How long does it take to deliver?
- Publications ordered in download format are available shortly after placing your order. The publications are available for download in your customer account in the "Downloads" section.
- Hardcopies or other shipping items are shipped from Monday to Friday during normal business hours and are delivered according to the shipping options, prices and delivery times listed below.
I haven't received my order. What should I do?
Please let us know if an expected delivery hasn't arrived so that we can immediately start an investigation: customer service